- Writing Case Reports
- Medical Writing
- Mentoring Resources
- Data Management
- Open Access Journals
uSearch provides access to:
Electronic Resources: Find articles, book chapters, books, and more (uSearch-Electronic Resources)
Everything: Find all electronic and print resources in all UM libraries (uSearch-Everything)
Library Catalog: Find print books and more at the Medical Libraries and all UM Libraries! (uSearch-Library Catalog)
Try it now!
The e-Books Database is designed to provide quick and easy access to the online book collection.
- a specific patient's need;
- a clinical problem;
- your own interest;
- suggestions by your colleague/attending/preceptor/mentor;
- discussion sections in research reports that discuss research limitations, potential problems and questions, and recommendations for further research.
- Is the research problem clearly defined?
- Is the research problem important?
- Is the research problem significant?
- Is the research problem ethical?
- Is the research problem testable with empirical, data-based methods?
- Do you have the resources and expertise necessary to investigate the problem?
- Is the research problem related to your professional goals?
- Has any research on the problem been previously conducted?
- What can your study contribute to what is already been known?
- What can your study contribute to scholarship or the knowledge base in your field?
- Are there more important problems?
- Wednesdays, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Huth, Edward J. Writing and Publishing in Medicine. Third ed. 1999. Print.
Browner, Warren S., Publishing and Presenting Clinical Research. Second ed. 2006. Web.
Matthews, J., Bowen, J., & Matthews, Robert W. (2000). Successful scientific writing : A step-by-step guide for the biological and medical sciences (Second ed.).
A collection of online & audio practice cases. (Requires registration for an individual account for full access.)
McGraw-Hill Education eBook Library Medical & USMLE® Test Prep study aids.
Access the test banks to prepare for board exams for over 30 medical specialties and the USMLE Step 3.
Note: not all of the repositories in this system will allow you to deposit data.