- John ReazerMedical StudentsInstructional/Reference Services LibrarianSubjects: Medical Students ...
- John ReynoldsDrug InformationReference and Education LibrarianSubjects: Drug Information ...
- Zsuzsanna NemethRefWorksReference Librarian and Research LiaisonSubjects: RefWorks ...
- Kelsa BartleyConsumer HealthManager, Reference & Education ServicesSubjects: Consumer Health ...
The Personal Librarian Program (PLP) has been created by professional Medical Librarians at the Louis Calder Memorial Library as a way to reach out to students on the medical campus. The program matches students with a librarian as they enroll in medical school. Assignments are made according to the Academic Societies to which students are assigned as they are accepted in any of the medical school programs (MD or MD/MPH). Personal Librarians will serve as a point of contact for the library.
Your Personal Librarian will provide you with the following information throughout your stay at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine:
New resources and/or services in the Library:
- New acquisitions (databases, book collections, etc.)
- Special Library hours during exams and holidays
- New study areas, facilities, or services
Answer questions about Library services, policies, and procedures and other Library-related information:
- Access Services (course reserves, electronic resources, printing, study rooms, etc.)
- Document Delivery (finding e-journals, ordering articles through Interlibrary Loans, etc.)
- Remote Access instructions
- Mobile access to resources/creating personal accounts in databases, etc.
Assistance finding information for research projects:
- Articulating good research and/or clinical queries
- Identifying the best databases to search
- Using citation managers (EndNote, RefWorks, and/or Mendeley)
- Finding additional resources
Personal Librarians will not:
- Make copies of articles for students
- Perform literature searches that have been assigned to students
- Do students' assignments for them
Meet your Personal Librarians:
|Personal Librarian Name||Email/Text Messages||Telephone|
Academic Societies and Personal Librarians:
|Academic Society||Personal Librarian|
Alternate Personal Librarian:
Ms. Erica Powell will be available when the Personal Librarian assigned cannot assist students.
Relevant Links to Find Information:
- Louis Calder Memorial Library
- University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- University of Miami
- Richter Library
This guide provides multiple links to resources that are useful for medical students. The LibGuide is being updated by John Reazer.
Evidence-based medicine is the practice of integrating clinical expertise, the highest quality research available, and patient values to make the best decisions for patient care. This resource guide is being updated by John Reazer.
This guide provides easy access to tutorials for the most popular databases and software applications available to our patrons. This guide is being updated by Kelsa Bartley.
Kelsa Bartley, BFA, MIS
Academic Societies: Adler-Everitt, Asclepius, Blackwell
Address: Calder Medical Library, Room 1021-B
Zsuzsanna Nemeth, MLS
Academic Societies: Roentgen, Schweitzer, Virchow
Address: Calder Medical Library, Room 1021-C
John Reazer, MSLIS
Academic Societies: Hunter, Imhotep, Laennec
Address: Calder Medical Library, Room 1035
John Reynolds, MLIS, AHIP
Academic Societies: Courvoisier, Cushing, Harvey
Address: Calder Medical Library, Room 1021-D
Erica Powell, MLIS
Alternate Personal Librarian